Friday, January 30, 2015

Dry Hop - Chicago, IL

After Lagunitas we stopped for lunch at a great place called Dry Hop. It was crowded, but got a table instantly. This is a brewery, but really just looks like a nice lunch place.
Below is a picture of the beers I got, I am not discussing them 1 by 1 because honestly none stood out. None were gross...but it was all average for my taste.
The highlight here is the food. This lunch was incredible. I split meals with my father. I got the burger with fries which was an incredible burger. I am usually not a big fan of burgers, but this was done to perfection and the fries were fantastic as well. My father got the french toast that was crusted with Capt'n Crunch. It was a little on the sweet side..but probably the best french toast I've ever had. Here is the description of these two items to get your mouth watering:
THE CAPTAIN’S FRENCH TOAST: Fresh Challah bread dipped in a Rum-spiked egg and cream batter, ‘crusted’ in Captain Crunch cereal, and accompanied by Liquid Cheesecake, Blueberries, and warm Bourbon Maple Syrup.
THE BURGER: Our Custom Blend with Ancho Chile-Tomato Jam, Arugula, Pickled Sweet Onions, and Raw Milk Cheddar (option: add Applewood Smoked Bacon).
If you're out and about in the city, come stop here for a beer and lunch you will NOT regret this decision. They also fill crowlers which have a very unique and fun design.
 Check them out for yourself! http://www.dryhopchicago.com/drink/beer/





No comments:

Post a Comment