Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tasting

My last up to date tasting was my Sierra Nevada Beer Camp night. I got my hands on some Beer Camp, so I thought lets try them all in one night..but I cant drink them all alone so I invited people over. Then I saw Sierra Nevada has a mixed IPA 12 pack which included Torpedo, Black IPA, White IPA and a Session IPA. So I bought that! Then I said screw it I'll grab every Sierra Nevada beer I can find and we will make it a Sierra Nevada night!
The hands down winner of the night was one I wouldn't of picked and it was the Beer Camp beer with New Glarus called There and Back...it was an ESB.  It had a good flavor, slight hop and was real smooth.  A few other contenders included the Beer Camp collab with Ninaski which was a coffee milk stout called Double Latte, Nooner which is their Session IPA, Beer Camp collab with Bell's called Maillard's Odyessey which is explained as an imperial dark ale and the Beer Camp West Coast DIPA.  The Porter and Hoptimum also were well liked. 
Easy to say the least liked of the bunch was the Beer Camp collab with Cigar City called Yonger Bock which is a tropical maibock and the Russian River collab beer called Yvan the Great which was a belgian blonde.
It was fun to actually try all these Sierra Nevada beers. I have been turned off by them as of late, and while I probably won't go run out and buy them again soon I do appreciate the efforts they have made it's just unfortunately a lot of their beers have the same type of taste to them. But it did inspire me to do more brewery-themed tastings...just need to find breweries that have such a wide variety..perhaps Stone will be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment