Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pumpkin Tasting

My first official beer tasting at my place was the Pumpkin Tasting in October of 2013.  This was planned to allow people to come and taste the great pumpkin beers the Fall season offers.  Pictured below are the group of beers that were included in the tasting.  
We had a decent crowd show up for the event.  Thankfully we made it through all of the beers. Most of these I had never tried.  Among the top rated were Southern Tier Pumking, Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale, and Shipyard Pumpkinhead. The two latter are very poorly reviewed online but were favorites for their strong pumpkin flavor.  Southern Tier Warlock is advertised as a Chocolate Stout/Pumking Mix but it tasted extremely similar to Pumking with just a darker color.  Many others had that watered down pumpkin flavor.  None really made me want to run out and buy another with the exception of the 3 I mentioned.  
This year for Fall beers we plan to focus on all Fall beers including Pumpkins, Oktoberfest and Harvest beers. I will update those results once we celebrate that event.

No comments:

Post a Comment