Sunday, August 10, 2014

Gritty McDuff's Brewpub - Portland, ME

While wandering around downtown Portland we tried the last brewery we hadn't tried yet...Gritty McDuff's.  It was the USA World Cup game and the place was SLAMMED.  I barely could get a tiny spot at the bar but we ordered a sampler and found a seat at a picnic table next to a man reading a book drinking out of his Gritty Mug Club mug. 





I can't even discuss this place, the beer was horrible. Like top 3 WORST brewery visits..it brought me back to Schmoz brewing from the summer past (check out that review).  So I will keep this short..skip it! If you just want some lunch, maybe go check it out.  But all the beers were kinda warm and lacked flavor.  How this place has a mug club blows my mind..although I have realized most breweries with mug clubs typically aren't very good (Schmoz had a mug club). 
But if you did insist here is their website, don't say I didn't warn you...grittys.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment