Monday, August 25, 2014

Christmas Tasting

Shortly after Stout Tasting Night, I threw in a Christmas Tasting right before the holidays.  There are so many holiday beers but they have an interesting range to them.  There are the Christmas spiced beers, the Winter ales, Winter stouts, Winter IPAs and others.  So of course I wanted to share the Christmas love and have people over to sample all these great brews.  This night saw more of random stop ins by family and friends then a solid gathering which was just as fun. 
My favorite style for the season is the Christmas spiced beers. In that family, the big standouts were Southern Tier 2XMas and Great Lakes Christmas Ale.  Both have that really nice spiced flavor and when I drink them it just feels like Christmas. Another standout for spiced but not pictured because it was a late addition is Hoppin Frog Frosted Frog..I can honestly say this may be my favorite Christmas beer ever..and 5 people at the tasting agreed with me.  Some good Winter beers we enjoyed were Victory Winter Cheers, Bells Winter Warmer Ale and Sierra Nevada Celebration. From what I recall none of the other beers really blew us away whatsoever, but it was a great time and a great way to kick off the holiday week!

No comments:

Post a Comment